Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lake Powell 2012



A few years ago, I was talking with our good friend Logan.  I lamented that years ago, I knew tons of folks with houseboats on Lake Powell; I was passing on offers to go down because they were just too many.  Now that we had a nicer boat and would really like to go, we didn't know anybody.
He said, "You should call Darin Warren."

A few weeks later we were on Lake Powell with the Warrens.  I knew his older brother in high school, but we didn't know any of the people going on this trip.  In retrospect I realize how dicey that could have been.  I'm not what would normally be called genial or easy-going.  But it was amazing how well the five different families that went on that first trip got along so very well, including the adults!

Earlier this month we got back from our third Lake Powell trip with the Warrens.  Here's the recap:
  • Jeffrey did not kneeboard - Booooo!
  • Emerson totally waterskied a lot and tamed several lizards
  • Ava wakeboarded and found many shells
  • Elisabeth wakeboarded and waterskied and you can tell she's a teenager now (in a good way).
  • Truman ate a lot of sand
  • Many scorpions were spotted using UV black lights
  • Some midnight wakeboarding may, or may not, have happened
  • The boat ran perfectly
  • The shaft seal that I replaced earlier this year is so nice; I don't think the bilge pump ran once
  • The ballast on the "goofy" side was totally worth it
  • The weather was perfect
  • Nobody was irreparably injured
  • We had a fantastic time
  • We are truly blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment